Fall Sports –
Cross Country – Dan Reeks (Head Coach) and TBD (Assistant Coach)
Golf – Tommy Nakamura
Poms – Jeanne Laeng and Jim Douglas
Team Handball – Katie Nichols
Winter Sports –
Bocce – Katie Nichols
Cheerleading – Nicole Schneider (Varsity)
Indoor Track & Field – Rebekah Byerly (Head Coach)
Poms – Jeanne Laeng
Swim & Dive – Ryan Burnsky (Head Coach)
Spring Sports –
Gymnastics – Gary Peters
Coed Softball – Katie Nichols
Outdoor Track & Field – Head Coach – Dan Reeks
Assistant Coaches – Evelyn Putnam – Rebekah Byerly – Alyssa Moran
Tennis (Boys) – Tom Maley
Tennis (Girls) – Mike King
Volleyball (Boys) – Andrew Kulesh
Volleyball (Coed) – Kyle Wisor
Interested in becoming a coach at Sherwood?
All MCPS paid stipend coaches must:
- Complete the MCPS New Coaches’ Seminar prior to the start of their first season.
- Complete PE-22 “Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Coaching Fundamentals and CPR/AED”, the application can be found online and a listing of this year’s class dates.
- Achieve and retain current certification in CPR/AED.
- Complete the Accredited Interscholastic Coach requirements within one year of the start of the season for which they were first hired, or the equivalent MSDE approved in-service coaching education program (Fundamentals of Coaching).
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Creating a Safe and Respectful Environment” once.
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Concussion in Sports” every two years.
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Heat Illness Prevention” every two years.
- It is recommended that coaches also complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Sudden Cardiac Arrest“.
Forms for Prospective Coaches
- PE-22 Application – application to take the “Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Coaching Fundamentals and CPR/AED” course, required for all MCPS stipend coaches. Dates are listed on the last page of the application.
- Guidelines regarding volunteer coaches are located in Volunteer Coach Application and Contract from the MCPS Athletic Handbook. Schools must complete this contract annually for each volunteer.
Additional Information and Guidelines
Additional information for coaches including information about the different types of stipended coaches, certification requirements, selection priority, volunteer coaches, consultants, coaching restrictions and Supporting Services Personnel as coaches is available in the Coaching Eligibility information from the MCPS Athletics handbook.